Mesa Winds Farmstays
Perched on the crest of Rogers Mesa near Hotchkiss, Colorado, our orchards and vineyards slope south toward the valley of the North Fork of the Gunnison River. Our 36 acre farm is a few miles outside Hotchkiss, Colorado and surrounded by mountains and plateaus. We grow USDA Certified Organic peaches, apples, grapes, sweet cherries, asparagus, vegetables and honey.
About our accommodations
You'll reside in one of our rehabbed "picker cabins" and lend a hand with farm work if you like.
Our cabin suite is $110/night and includes breakfast for two and wifi. Local restaurants are easily accessible, many local farm dinners occur during the summer months as well. We also have a kitchen suite with bedroom, bath, and fully equipped kitchen for $90/night.
A two night minimum is required with a deposit of one night to hold the reservation.
We can help you find local attractions during your stay!
- Slow Food Western Slope
- Delta County Tourism
- Blue Sage Center for the Arts
- Paradise Theatre
- fish the world class waters of the Gunnison River
- raft the white waters of the Gunnison in the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area (NCA) just below the Black Canyon National Park.
- float the Lower Gunnison River on a day trip through ancient rock art sites, canyon orchards and historic ranches.
- bird watch on the farm or in the variety of nearby habitats including our resident avian friends including the uncommon Lewis' Woodpecker and the spectacle of Sandhill Cranes as they stopover at the nearby Fruitgrowers Reservoir
- hike or climb nearby Black Canyon National Park, see resident peregrine falcons
- photograph Grand Mesa, McClure Pass, or the 14,000 foot peaks of the Elk Range
- taste local wines at Mesa Winds Winery and nearby West Elks AVA wineries
- enjoy local food restaurants in Hotchkiss and Paonia
NOTE: We have a flock of Babydoll Southdown Sheep and a Great Pyrenees livestock guardian dog. Although our Pyrenees is friendly to people, strange dogs can pose a threat to livestock, and therefore we must have a no dogs policy.